Me and my Hubby

Me and my Hubby

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Well Hello there Little One

So for those that follow my blog the last we talked I was to start my period so that I could start the wonderful hormones that might someday lead to a baby. I waited and cramped for about a week before my sweet husband suggested I take a pregnancy test. I did everything short of patting him on the head and saying, "Bless you heart." I went a couple more day waiting on the inevitable... but it never came. February 4th I went home after work and dug around under my sink to find two pregnancy test. Daniel was on the phone so I thought I would just get it out of the way so I would get these little rays of hope out of my head. I took the first one and it automatically started coming up a plus sign. Everyone knows the plus sign ones are kind of hard to read. Thankfully I had one more of the two pink lines test left over so I used it next. I sat a few seconds waiting and there it was. Two lines. I immediately started crying. I mean I'm not on any medications. No Progesterone. No estrogen. Just my vitamins. I yelled at Daniel to get off the phone. We couldn't believe it!! I sent a message to the nurse at the clinic we have used for the last 3-4 years to see if they could run a blood test in the morning. That test came back 107. Which is a pretty awesome starting number. I was still cramping so I took it easy all weekend and went back to the doctor on Monday for more blood work. I told myself that my goal was around 300 because you want your hCG level to double every 24-48 hours. It was almost 600! The doctor was stoked! We were stoked. I finally let myself believe that this is it. God has truly given us a miracle. Last time we were pregnant my level only got to 150. So this is one tough kid so far! The doctor wanted to see me back that Wednesday to check my level one more time. Once again I gave myself a goal of 1400 and it was 1718. So we felt that we could finally tell our parents once our levels looked healthy. We made a picture of the dogs to help spread our joy...

  



 I have been waiting for four years to announce this so I had tons of ideas! So sorry for the announcement overload!! I go back next Tuesday for another ultrasound with my fertility doctor and then will be released to regular OB.




 So far I have had a little nausea, but not throwing up, fatigue and sore boobs. All of which I am welcoming graciously! I will take it! I want to thank everyone who has prayed and supported us through some pretty emotional years. I want to share with everyone the huge miracle that God has given us!



1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, I only now found your blog. Daniel's mom and I have been friends for 50 yrs. Daniel and Deanna were in our Youth class at Oak Grove 1st Bapt.
    This is very exciting news for you both. I am happy to add you and your sweet little one to my prayer journal. I look forward to reading and finally seeing that little face! Best wishes and God's blessing on you both!
    Leisa Crossley

    ReplyDelete