Me and my Hubby

Me and my Hubby

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Eve had it easy


“To the woman He said: “I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.” (Genesis 3:16)

So God punished Eve for her sins by giving her the pleasure of having children. Doesn't seem so bad to me! Yes, I know that it is painful, but for most women this is the most wonderful gift in the world! I have come across many people, especially working with sick babies that take parenthood for granted.

Our journey through infertility started after I had surgery to remove pre-cancerous cells shown on my female exam. I was told that this would not cause issues getting pregnant, just issues carrying a baby to term. So for months we tried naturally to have a child. I had always had this feeling that something was not right. After months of trying our OB/GYN referred us to an infertility doctor. Our first appointment told us she wanted me to have another surgery to remove scar tissue that was surrounding my reproductive organs. Another surgery in less than a year scared me to death. So I had the surgery and no scar tissue was found. What they did find was that from my previous surgery, I had scar tissue that completely closed off the route to travel to get pregnant. They tried to fix that, but it did not help for about a year. They decided after surgery that I would start of drugs that would help me ovulate. I was started on Femara 2.5 mg days three through five of my cycle. We started this in August of 2012. Also in July of 2012 we got our first Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog, Taz. He has been a great addition to our family and put a little bit more Testosterone in the bunch. He has given us a great distraction through most of this, training him and showing him at dog shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment