Me and my Hubby

Me and my Hubby

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

And So it begins...

This past week has been pretty busy for our family. I was off of work for my vacation week so thankfully I was able to just concentrate on me and my family.  I had an acupuncture appointment this week which left me a little disappointed. I am supposed to go two times the day of the embryo transfer before and after. However, my acupuncturist informed me she will be out of town that week. I also tried to get a pic for ya'll of the needles in me, but failed. SORRY!! I also had lunch with a dear friend from high school which brightened my spirits a bit.
I had noticed earlier in the week that Zoe had a lump on her throat. Tuesday it was still there so I decided to take her to vet since I was going out of town at the end of the week. Come to find out she had a high temperature and her gums were bleeding. They drew labs and asked me to bring her the next day so they could clean her teeth. I was really upset because she is ten years old and I did not want her to be sedated. But I knew this is what had to be done. They put her to sleep and cleaned her teeth the next day. They also told me that they believe she may have Cushing's disease. I will take her back in two weeks to draw more lab work for that. If she does it will cost quite a bit of money which we really don't have right now. I am just glad that my sweet baby is home and feeling better

Thursday I went for my appointment with the fertility doctors to just get a baseline of everything and make sure there were not any last minutes cysts or lab reasons we could not go forward. I had a vaginal ultrasound done and labs drawn. Not my favorite kind of appointment, but like Dr. Bouknight said... better than a colposcopy. Everything came back perfect so we are good to go! I started the Lupron shot Sunday morning and will give it twice a day. Tonight I will start the Gonal-F and the Menopur. I have been being brave and giving them myself. I do not know how giving three shots tonight will work. My hubby may have to help me out a little bit with those.
This weekend was also Wired Together Camp. My mom has organized this camp for eleven years now. The last three years I have laid aside my excuses and participated in this camp with the rest of my family. This years theme was Country Western and we had a blast. This camp is for kids and teens that have an internal cardiac defibrillator. We have a lot of the same kids come each year so we have formed some awesome relationships with them. We went bowling this first night and had lake fun and a dance the second night. It is such a good opportunity to get to know some people who just love helping out a great cause.



No comments:

Post a Comment