Me and my Hubby

Me and my Hubby

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me!!


So in true infertile fashion, I got to ring in my birthday with a lovely vaginal ultrasound and blood work. Bright and early I was at the doctor getting an ultrasound after three days of injections. The injections are going great. They said on the ultrasound things look good and the call I got today said to keep doing what I am doing and they will recheck Saturday. Why the frequent doctors appointments you ask? Here is a little rundown of what they are looking for. (These are not my ultrasounds)

This is what a baseline ultrasound looks like...

There isn't much to see. In fact most of the time that cannot even locate one of mine.
Next we have a measurement of the endometrial lining...
This is the lining of the uterus and the thickness of this tells how receptive the uterus is to the implantation of an embryo.  So the ovaries and the endometrial lining are checked each ultrasound.
So the reason for ultrasounds every couple of days is this...
Not sure what day this is but this is probably close to what my ovaries look like now. This is one ovary with about nine follicles in it. They said today that I have about half that (hopefully they will keep splitting) but as I keep giving these shots, the follicles will keep growing. Some people can produce tons of follicles (kind of wish I had a little of this problem) so ultrasounds are need to stop the ovaries from overstimulating. Also they are watching this little follicles grow so we can catch them at just the right time to be taken out. If they wait too long I will ovulate and we will lose them all. If they take them too soon we could end up with just one (or none) mature egg and the others arrest. So this is why the frequent dr's visits are necessary. Its a lot of work on the doctors and nurses part to time this just right. Hope this give you guys some insight into the scientific part of the journey.

So other than the doctor visit, I was able to get it an arms workout with my trainer this am, a yummy lunch with Shannon at Slice and a relaxing massage! Now I am hoping for a chill evening with my hubby and the mutts since I have to work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment