Me and my Hubby

Me and my Hubby

Friday, April 3, 2015

Positive Vibes

Sorry I haven't been keeping updates coming. Kind of been boring the last few weeks. I have gotten potentially great news. Which is followed by not so great news, that I thought was good news. So after talking to a few friends at work I started to look into my medication coverage through my insurance. I noticed something funny on their website hinting at the fact that my meds could be covered. What?!? We just assumed from the get go that they were not and never would be. We had just accepted that when it comes to infertility coverage our insurance was a let down.  So I bugged our wonderful nurse at the clinic to send in a Prior Authorization to Caremark to see what happened. I got the call today that the Prior Authorization was approved by our insurance and she would pass it on to Caremark pharmacy. I am still holding my breath but this could mean that our meds have a copay instead of $4000-6000! The bad news is that I found a facebook page a couple of weeks ago of people selling their unused fertility meds that they had left over. I found a girl in California selling 20 vials of Menopur for $700 which would save us about $1300. So I jumped on it. I trusted this lady I never met and she came through. The meds came in and look perfect. So now I have spent $700 that I may not have needed to. But I never could have guessed that my meds would actually be covered.  Anyways! My first ultrasound is April 9th which is called baseline. They will make sure that the birth control did it's job and everything is quiet in there. No cysts. Estrogen low. Then it is on to the fun stuff. Injections will start that weekend! Yay! Finally! Cannot wait to stick myself four times a day. I am telling you infertility makes you crazy!

1 comment:

  1. I can not wait for when God blesses you with my great niece or nephew or maybe both woohoo. I love you both

    ReplyDelete